Wood Wick Soy Candle Advantages and Lighting Instructions
The 4 major candle issues that we wanted to solve:
1. Tunneling – most candles do not melt all of the wax off of the sides of the jar meaning you lose valuable burn time
2. Dangerous wax – most candles are made of paraffin wax (cheap wax known to cause a lot of health issues including some links to leukemia). This cheap wax is also responsible in part for the dark smoke that comes off of the candle. In fact, a paraffin wax candle is so dangerous to air quality that it will kill a Parakeet in just a few minutes.
3. Dangerous wicks – most cotton wicks contain a metal core which can pollute your air quality and is particularly dangerous for those with asthma.
4. Dangerous scent – most candles contain fragrance oils which contain a chemical called phthalates. This chemical is responsible for most of the headaches people experience when burning candles and has been linked to hormone disruption, endocrine disruption, and some fertility issues.
1. Tunneling is not possible with our candles because we use an appropriately sized wood wick which extends the burn radius. This increases your burn time to between 80-100 hours with normal burn patterns.
2. Safe wax is important to us, which is why we chose soy wax. It has a reputation for burning clean (not black), burning slow, and does not have any links to cancer or bird killing.
3. We use a combination wood wick and cloth wick, but the cloth does not contain the typical metal core down the middle, it is just 100% cotton wicking. Clean to burn and easy to light. No special instructions – just light the cotton, the cotton lights the wood wick, and it burns all the way down.
4. All of our fragrance oils have been specifically manufactured without the use of phthalates. This provides an enjoyable alternative for most people who suffer from headaches that are so common with big box store candles.